Stord is a rapidly growing tech company that is disrupting the warehousing and distribution industry. Stord uses software to provide warehousing and distribution in third party warehouses across the US, and provides the software to make the facilities operate with a modern customer experience.
Roughly a year old, we have raised money from investors that include the Founders of Access America/ Coyote Logistics (acquired by UPS for $1.8B) and the Founder of Internet Security Systems (acquired by IBM for $1.3B).
With revenue and customers growing quickly, we are looking for a tenacious and driven Supplier Sales Development Representative to join our growing team. In this position, you will be responsible for establishing contact with new warehouses and on-boarding them as suppliers.
What you’ll do:
- Build out and grow STORD’s warehouse supplier network across North America
- Review our current volume and capacity, research emerging distribution trends, and map key logistics hubs to identify a market expansion plan
- Develop and maintain relationships with new suppliers
- Recruit new suppliers by communicating the value of our service via mediums such as phone calls, email outreach, LinkedIn messaging, and other creative outlets
- Negotiate capacity, rates, and service levels within our network
- Conduct in-person and online software demonstrations of our platform
- Review our demand and forecasts to plan capacity and recruit supply
- Maintain active engagement with our CRM to remain on top of leads and opportunities
- Learn the complexities of warehousing and distribution to serve as the foundation for your career at STORD
What you’ll need:
- Professional work experience in Sales, Business Development, or Client Success, ideally at a SaaS position or in the logistics industry
- The intellect and drive to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of STORD's products and services, applying that knowledge appropriately and effectively in selling situations
- Logistics & supply chain acumen help but are not required from day one
- Flexibility to move quickly with a startup
- Rapid email and phone communication skills to ensure no missed client touch-points