At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. As part of achieving this goal, as a Strategy & Operations Analyst you will work to arm healthcare providers with the technology, analytical capabilities, and operational excellence required to better look after the patients that rely upon their healthcare facilities for care.
Integral to our Atlanta market, you will handle a wide range of projects to support and improve the organization’s product offerings: a portfolio of multi-faceted, highly-integrated, technology-enabled services. You will receive foundational training in healthcare that will provide a launch pad to grow your career in healthcare. As a new member of the team, you’ll be part of a larger group responsible for implementing our clinical and funds flow models in new markets.
What are some examples of projects you’ll be leading at VillageMD?
• Working directly with mid-level and senior leadership to develop broad scope expertise in healthcare operations, strategy, project management, and data analysis.
• Collaborating with the Atlanta market team members to develop strategic, process driven, and technical solutions for improving quality, while reducing the cost of care.
• Acting as the liaison between operational leaders and the VillageMD analytics team to produce significant representations of complex datasets with actionable operating solutions in partner facing deliverables
• Presenting thoughtful analytical summaries to operational team members, using strong written and verbal communication
• Supporting the team in effort to drive an optimal patient experience through VMD processes and services; evaluating existing approaches and identifying areas for improvement
• Supporting operational procedures and best practices related to market operations and services for network practice
What will make you successful here?
• A willingness to learn and take initiative and be resourceful
• A bias for action and pragmatic solutions
• Strong research, writing, analytical and critical reasoning skills
• The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
• An inclination towards team-based work product and results
• Capability to distill complex, technical topics articulately to a non-technical audience
• A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication and doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year:
• Supporting market to develop and implement workflows to facilitate annual preventative care focused patient appointments
• Building appointment templates within practice technology systems to support clinical documentation and ease of use for providers
• Analyzing robust healthcare datasets to identify implementation opportunities – Updating analyses to communicate realized performance
• Determining functional capabilities across practice systems to enable health insurance contracting initiatives
• Along with population health operations and care management teams, support the development of a workflow to enable annual care delivery in primary care with an emphasis on identifying and supporting patients’ unmet needs
• Support efforts to design patient engagement strategy around chronic condition prevalence to support providers in delivering high quality care at a lower total cost
• Help to facilitate evolving provider and practice staff education across core VillageMD model workstreams
The following experience is relevant to us:
• A Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in business, economics, engineering, public health, community health or healthcare administration, or a pre-professional program with interest in another area of healthcare
• Prior internships with a strategy consulting firm, investment bank, or company in the healthcare industry is a serious plus
• Genuine interest in or connection to the healthcare industry
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.