Are you passionate about networking? How about cloud networking? ViaSat launched the world’s highest capacity satellite and it powers the next generation of satellite broadband and represents the most significant capacity leap in the history of satellite communications. We provide high-quality and high-speed broadband service to our customers virtually anywhere on the globe — whether they are on the ground, on the water, or in the air. The award-winning ViaSat in-flight internet & entertainment services have shattered the standard for in-flight Wi-Fi with unmatched speed, quality, and affordability.
As a Software Engineer, you will work with a world class team developing and deploying new technologies on a cutting edge network. The terrestrial network is cutting-edge, requiring you to innovate, design and develop in the world of SDN, NFV and Network Virtualization. You will design, develop and deploy new and innovative technology into a service provider network. ViaSat’s unique position as a service provider and equipment manufacturer allows you to experience the whole life cycle of networking software development – all the way from design to deployment. You will work with senior engineers to aid in design, documentation, testing, analyses, test plans, and test execution, to ensure deployed networks meet client needs.
• 5+ years Software Engineering experience with coding and debugging skills in C, C++, Go, Python or any modern programming language
• Experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
• Knowledge of basic OS features like Multi-threading, synchronization and memory management on Linux or Linux-like Operating systems
• Understanding of routing, switching and basic network communication protocols
• Experience developing network protocols such as BGP, IS-IS, L3VPN, and architecture design.
• Familiarity with cloud services – IaaS, PaaS
• Possess a DevOps mindset
• BSEE/BSCS or technical Bachelor’s degree
• Up to 10% domestic and international travel
• Experience developing IP/MPLS technologies, in a service provider environment.
• Strong background in data structures and algorithm design
• Proficient in software development tools, source code control environment
• Accountable for end-to-end functional/solution design for product features