GROUNDFLOOR is looking for a senior software engineer to join our engineering team. The ideal person for this role enjoys automating business processes, architecting interactions with third party services, writing tests to ensure reliability and robustness of our web applications. The position will primarily be focused on deeply learning our tech stack, while expanding the services we provide to our customers.
We’re looking to automate business processes, integrate deeper with third parties, and expand our website to better serve our borrowers and investors. We’re a team of 7 people, so every person has the opportunity make a big impact on the business in multiple ways. We’re hosted on heroku with some AWS messaging sprinkled in, though that mix will probably change over time. Our front end application is written in Ruby on Rails and it talks to a back end API written in Ruby/Roda.
– 5+ years experience performing full stack programming tasks
– Experience tracking down issues, performing root cause analysis, fixing and ensuring issues don’t occur again
– Can provide us with examples of work you’ve done in the past that illustrates your attention to detail and problem solving skills
– Passionate about building good software that makes an impact on people’s lives
– Have the ability to work on your own
– You communicate clearly and efficiently in verbal and written communication both inside and outside of the team
– Understand that programming languages are tools, not ideologies and are comfortable working in the right one for the task at hand (we use Ruby, Postgres)
– Demonstrated ability to work with a back end language solving real business problems
– Experience with git
– You have experience with Ruby and/or Ruby on Rails
– You have experience leading teams
– Familiarity with Postgres, through active record, sequel or sql
– You have experience with testing and automation
– You have a technical background and a BS or MS in a computer-related or hard science field
– Interested in owning a large portion of a codebase
We’re an Atlanta-based fintech startup who is opening the market for peer-to-peer lending in real estate. Our market provides new sources of capital to borrowers and an entirely new class of investments to investors. Currently we’re 25+ employees, hoping to grow by at least 40% in the coming months.
Who we are
– Your work matters. Every member of this team plays a vital role in GROUNDFLOORs success
– Your growth matters. We have weekly 1 on 1 sessions where we discuss performance and growth towards your career objectives
– We respect and appreciate people from different backgrounds and cultures
– We value and select for integrity, intellect, and honesty
– We have an open culture, providing weekly snapshots on growth and the goals of the company