GROUNDFLOOR is looking for a senior software engineer to join our engineering team. The ideal person for this role enjoys working with the best tools to do the job and enjoys building compelling and rich user experiences, has experience leading a team, knows that writing tests to ensure reliability and robustness of our web applications is important. The position will primarily be focused on working with the business to deliver a world class product experience for our users.
We're looking to replace flows in our front end application, to build out a user experience that will be fast and seamless. Additionally this position will focus on helping to iterate and launch out first mobile investing application. We’re a team of 10, so every person has the opportunity make a big impact on the business in multiple ways. We’re hosted on heroku with some AWS messaging sprinkled in, though that mix will probably change over time. Our front end application is currently written in Ruby on Rails and it talks to a back end API written in Ruby/Roda.
– Understanding of the various aspects involved in running a large-scale web application, and mastery of your favorite application framework.
– Can provide us with examples of work you’ve done in the past that illustrates your attention to detail and problem solving skills
– Passionate about building good software that makes an impact on people’s lives
– B.S. or greater in a computer science discipline (alternatively, understanding the concepts of the field)
– You communicate clearly and efficiently in verbal and written communication both inside and outside of the team
– Understand that programming languages are tools, not ideologies and are comfortable working in the right one for the task at hand (we use Ruby, JS, Postgres)
– Demonstrated ability to build compelling user experiences
– Experience with git
– You have experience with React and/or React Native which communicate with a backend api
– You have experience leading teams
– You have experience building tested applications
– Interested in owning a large portion of a codebase
We’re an Atlanta-based fintech startup who is opening the market for peer-to-peer lending in real estate. Our market provides new sources of capital to borrowers and an entirely new class of investments to investors. Currently we’re 25+ employees, hoping to grow by at least 40% in the coming months.
Who we are
– Your work matters. Every member of this team plays a vital role in GROUNDFLOORs success
– Your growth matters. We have weekly 1 on 1 sessions where we discuss performance and growth towards your career objectives
– We respect and appreciate people from different backgrounds and cultures
– We value and select for integrity, intellect, and honesty
– We have an open culture, providing weekly snapshots on growth and the goals of the company