Stord is a rapidly growing tech company that is disrupting the warehousing and distribution industry. Stord sells warehousing and distribution in third party warehouses across the US, and provides the software to make the facilities operate with a modern customer experience. Utilizing port-centric warehouses and regional fulfillment centers we have a warehousing footprint that helps leading brands and growing startups warehouse and distribute their products.
Roughly two years old, we have raised money from investors that include the Founders of Access America/ Coyote Logistics (acquired by UPS for $1.8B) and the Founder of Internet Security Systems (acquired by IBM for $1.3B).
With revenue and customers growing quickly, we are looking for Supplier Pricing & Procurement Associate to join our growing team.
About the Position:
Our supplier team is a critical arm of our organization penetrating a $165 billion legacy industry. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who wants to get in on the ground floor of a growing team in Atlanta, and learn the ins and outs of how both startups and major corporations distribute their product.
As a Sr. Procurement Specialist, you will establish new and maintain existing relationships with our vendors nationwide while being the first point of touch between our team and our suppliers when it comes to new product introductions, updates, and sales opportunities.
What you’ll do:
- Build out and grow STORD’s warehouse supplier network across North America.
- Review our current volume and capacity, research emerging distribution trends, and map key logistics hubs to identify a market expansion plan.
- Recruit, develop and maintain relationships with new suppliers by communicating the value of our service via mediums such as phone calls, email outreach, LinkedIn messaging, and other creative outlets.
- Negotiate capacity, rates, and service levels within our network.
- Conduct in-person and online software demonstrations of our platform.
- Review our demand and forecast to plan capacity and recruit supply.
- Maintain active engagement within our CRM to remain on top of leads and opportunities.
- Learn the complexities of warehousing and distribution to serve as the foundation for your career at STORD.
What you’ll need:
- 3-5 years supply chain procurement experience, with a general understanding of warehouse operations.
- The intellect and drive to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of STORD's products and services, applying that knowledge appropriately and effectively in selling situations.
- Flexibility to move quickly within a startup.
- Rapid email and phone communication skills to ensure no missed client touch-points.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status