The SDR position is one of the most important positions at the company and the right candidate will view the position as a 6-month to 2 year opportunity to learn invaluable sales skills, build influence in a growing VC-backed startup, and position themselves professionally for optionality.
At Matcha, a sales development representative (SDR), focuses on outbound prospecting and business development for the sales team. We are looking for a competitive and motivated person who wants to learn how to prospect and qualify efficiently and eventually graduate into an Account Executive role.
Successful candidates must be intrinsically curious about business, have demonstrated a strong work ethic, possess a passion for sales and marketing technology, and be relentless in their personal drive and determination to overachieve. You will be working with our Account Executives, VP of Sales, and CEO in order to learn how to prospect and sell. This is an excellent opportunity for you if you are passionate about making sales your career in a VC-backed startup SaaS company.
● Build prospecting lists
● Reach out to prospects via cold calling and email campaigns
● Primarily reaching out to lean marketing teams
● Overcome objections & challenge prospects
● Utilize our CRM and other tools to effectively manage your pipeline
● Gain an understand of content marketing and its importance in the SMB space.
Ideal Candidate Description
● 0-2 year of sales and/or SDR experience
● 4-year college degree (not required)
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Curious, optimistic, organized, disciplined, and ambitious
● Coachable and adaptable
● Salesforce & Salesloft experience a plus but not required