Are you ready to join the API revolution?
About the role:
You may have worked in the software sector for some time, and you know first hand what it is truly like to work at a fast-paced and dynamic company. Work is intense, and sometimes even exhausting, but you know the potential is vast, and that excites you. You hold yourself to high standards, and push yourself to be your best self. You are curious and love to learn. You enjoy what you do because you feel confident in the value of your products and offerings, and because you enjoy surrounding yourself with a wickedly brilliant team of do-ers.
Software is eating the world. It is all around us, and it is here to stay. So much information is in flight, and services that access this information are more interconnected and distributed than ever before. KONG is in a very unique niche, as proven by the notable names that have backed Kong - including Jeff Bezos of Amazon, and Eric Schmidt of Google and the notable VCs like Index Ventures and Andreessen Horowitz.
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a “central nervous system” for data and services.
We have the most widely adopted open source (+45 million downloads) API Gateway. There is a reason why future-forward thinking Chief/Solutions/Software Architects within the Global5000 allow KONG to be central and foundational in the inner workings their organizations.
We are looking for individuals with experience in sales, sales development, and ideally in the software sector to join our quickly growing Sales Development Team in Atlanta, GA. A high-performing sales team is vital to a company’s success - and that starts with sourcing the right opportunities for the sales team to focus on. As our Sales Development Representative, your mission will be to generate, prospect, and qualify leads to ensure the success of the sales team, and hence the success of Kong.
What You'll Be Doing:
* Ask the right questions to qualify and guide conversations to best understand our prospects’ businesses to determine Kong’s fit
* Leverage industry-leading technology (Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, SalesLoft, DiscoverOrg, Drift, etc) and tactics (social selling, email, phone, networking) to generate Sales Qualified Leads through outbound activity to achieve defined goals and objectives
* Assist in follow-up activities related to specific marketing campaigns, webinars and tradeshows
* Collaborate with sales, marketing, and demand generation teams to determine best practices and unique approaches to finding new opportunities
* Update lead and prospect activity in Salesforce.com (http://salesforce.com/) to ensure effective lead management
What You Bring:
* You are passionate about software and sales
* You are curious and like to learn
* You have a proven ability to work in fast-paced and dynamic environment
* You have outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
* You have the ability to listen intently, ask right questions, address challenges, guide conversations, and nurture relationships
* You are tenacious, self-motivated, goal-oriented, and results-driven
* You have a bachelor’s degree
* You have previous sales development, inside sales, or sales experience (preferably in software)
* You have Salesforce, SalesLoft, LinkedIn, and/or DiscoverOrg experience (not required)