Come Grow With Us
Work with one of the most innovative and up and coming cybersecurity software companies in Atlanta. We are located at ATDC, Atlanta’s premiere high tech start-up center in Tech Square in midtown. Work with a seasoned team of entrepreneurs, sales leaders and enterprise security software veterans as we build a great company. Apptega is changing the world by helping companies of all sizes design, manage and report their cybersecurity programs. With the help of Apptega, our customers are gaining control over the chaos and uncovering where they need to harden their cybersecurity posture to meet today's modern threats.
What We are Looking For
In our effort to share some Apptega love with the market, we need great Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) to join our growing sales team. Are you driven by the hunt? We need people that have a high-energy contagious personality, outstanding interpersonal skills, and can comfortably present in any environment. Apptega provides a casual, fun startup environment. We celebrate each other’s successes and support each other through our failures.
In the first 3 months, you will:
- Get familiar with Apptega and the cybersecurity marketplace
- Learn about our target market and our customers
- Understand the problem we solve and our value proposition
- Learn how to maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, e-mails, opportunities, and follow-up activities
- Take our Sales Playbook and build your plan on attacking the marketplace
- Kick off your training wheels and start your outreach
The next 3 months:
- Manage a systematic approach for targeted prospect outreach using a suite of sales acceleration tools
- Use any means necessary (email, phone calls, voicemails, LinkedIn, Twitter, carrier pigeon, candy-gram) to engage in meaningful conversations
- Conduct introductory meetings and help schedule demonstrations with qualified prospects, engaging our sales team and executives to win business
- Build confidence in your messaging, sales pitch and ability to demo Apptega
- Demonstrate your ability to consistently meet your targets
- Learn more complex sales skills “riding along” with the sen or sales leaders and executives
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with senior decision-makers and day-to-day contacts
- We want you to grow out of the SDR role.
- As Apptega scales, there will be opportunities to grow across the organization.
- Apptega is building a direct, channel and Managed Service Provider sales model. Be successfu l as an SDR and choose your path on how you can best help educate the market on our awesomeness.
What it takes to be successful
- You have to have a thick skin and the soul of a missionary. You ll be out converting the masses on why Apptega will make their organizations more secure.
- You are proficient in many ways of communicating with people with a level of pleasant persistence that is endearing, even when you have tried to call somebody 10 times.
- You are not afraid of using the phone as part of your outreach cadence – studies show it takes 8-12 touches to get a prospect to engage and cold phone outreach is a key part of the strategy.
- You will get your 30 seconds with a prospect, can you “stick the landing?” We’ll teach you the pitch and how to get your shot, but it will be y our continuous practice and will to improve that will make you an expert at telling the Apptega story
Why you should be on the Apptega Bandwagon
- Be an early contributor in a company that is changing the way companies organize cybersecurity
- Work with passionate people that have experience growing and scaling sales organizations
- Get into a company before its gone all “corporate” and have an opportunity to put your stamp on the cult re
- Clear progression and promotion plan
- You will work with an amazing team you can learn from and teach
- You will experience joining a startup as it builds for growth with unlimited opportunity for advancement
- Base salary plus incentive compensation with no caps on earnings
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.