Schoology, one of the fastest growing education technology companies, is putting collaboration at the heart of the learning experience with an easy-to-use learning management system (LMS) that connects the people, content and systems that fuel education. Millions of students, faculty and administrators from over 60,000 K-12 schools and higher education institutions worldwide use Schoology to advance what is possible in education.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren't afraid to show it.
As a Regional Sales Director, reporting to our Director of K-12 Enterprise Sales, you will:
* Cultivate relationships and engage with prospects to uncover needs to position our Enterprise LMS in the K-12 market in the Mid-Atlantic and/or South region.
* Work diligently to position our SaaS solution to new prospects and expand our presence by leveraging our current client base, attending edTech conventions, conferences and association meetings.
* Establish a focused sales strategy in the region, concentrating on mid to large-sized district -- approximate enrollment of 7,000-75,000 students.
* Achieve or exceed assigned quota
You will also:
* Have a Bachelor’s degree plus 5+ years outside sales experience selling an education SaaS product.
* Have demonstrated experience of quota achievement (along with awards, top rankings, etc.), excellent account planning, and a willingness to exceed expectations. You must convey a tenacious commitment to win.
* Have established relationships with high level decision makers (i.e., Superintendents, CIOs, etc) in local school regions.
* Have exceptional communications skills with the ability to adapt, and solve customer business challenges and drive results forward.
* Be metrics driven with a proficiency in solution selling and building pipelines.
* Be collaborative and believe that collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders is one of the keys to success. You’ll partner with sales engineers when presenting onsite.
* Have a continuous improvement mindset. Maintaining status quo is a “no go” for you. You strive to consistently improve and exceed expectations.
* Be dedicated to providing high quality customer service delivery and integrity through proven client and customer relationships
* Have strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to strategically plan sales calls and execute follow-up with prospects, internal staff and management
* Be proficient in web-based applications and programs to effectively manage pipeline in Salesforce, as well as the RFP and bid process
* Have the ability to travel throughout the territory regularly, including overnight.
*Please note that Schoology HQ is in NYC; however, residency for this role can be anywhere near a major airport in the Eastern United States*
All team members at Schoology are expected to embody our core values which are Passion, Collaboration, Innovation, Curiosity and Integrity.
Our mission is to continuously advance what is possible in education. You in?
Schoology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind.