Recently listed as Venture Atlanta’s 2018 “Top 10 Atlanta Companies to Watch, ” Groundfloor is one of the most promising growth-stage companies in the Southeast.
We are currently seeking a Public Relations superstar to join our growing marketing team. The role will be vital in generating awareness and understanding of Groundfloor among key external audiences, including traditional press, industry trade, real estate investors, and influencers. We are looking for an awesome communicator, a storyteller, and a news junkie
who not only wants to participate in that next story, but create their own storyline. No doubt, this will be a career defining opportunity for the right candidate.
In this role, you will gain a clear understanding of the real estate lending industry, including regulatory environment, and use this knowledge to support all of the primary responsibilities. To thrive in this role, you will need to keep up with industry trends, competitive landscape, and market needs. This position will report directly to the SVP, Marketing.
- Build and lead the public relations function
- Develop and strengthen relationships with fintech and real estate journalists, media, industry experts, and local market influencers
- Respond to media inquiries, develop media lists, pitch stories, identify editorial calendar opportunities, etc.
- Develop external communications materials such as press releases, blog posts, case studies, testimonials, thought leadership articles, and media resources
- Curate relationships with industry influencers to explore new ways to earn media coverage for campaigns, product launches, partnerships and events
- Identify and secure the right speaking opportunities, events and awards for Groundfloor in order to raise awareness and establish industry credibility
- Build and manage company’s social media presence, with understanding of and experience with reputation management best practices on various social media platforms
- Produce succinct reports highlighting key data for tracking PR activity
- BA/BS degree in communications, marketing or equivalent working experience, including heavy content writing responsibility
- 7+ years’ experience in PR, media relations, journalism or other communication fields, preferably in either the real estate lending or fintech space
- Demonstrable track record in strategic communications, strong media relationships with top-tier outlets/reporters, and the ability to develop new and lasting media relationships
- Excellent writing skills across a wide range of deliverables; from traditional PR and media statements to blogs and contributed content
- Familiarity with distribution and reporting tools, including Business Wire and/or Cision, Radian6 and/or Meltwater, and Google Analytics.
- Creative, positive, and high-energy individual with hands-on mentality and excitement for new technologies and emerging trends
- Exceptional time management, prioritization, and multitasking skills; ability to quickly adapt and react to changing circumstances and demands with high attention to detail
- A desire to grow in an energetic, quickly changing, high pressure start-up environment
- Start-up experience and/or PR agency background is a plus
- Investor relations experience a plus
- Experience managing crises communications and community affairs a plus
GROUNDFLOOR is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atlanta applicants only.
To apply for this job please submit resumes to