STORD is a rapidly growing tech company that is disrupting the warehousing and distribution industry. STORD sells warehousing and distribution in third party warehouses across the US, and provides the software to make the facilities operate with a modern customer experience. Utilizing port-centric warehouses and regional fulfillment centers we have a warehousing footprint that helps leading brands and growing startups warehouse and distribute their products.
Roughly a year old, we have raised money from investors that include the Founders of Access America/ Coyote Logistics (acquired by UPS for $1.8B) and the Founder of Internet Security Systems (acquired by IBM for $1.3B).
With revenue and customers growing quickly, we are looking for a knowledgeable, dynamic, and fast-paced Rails developer to join our team and assist with product expansion. You'll join our tech team and work alongside the CTO and current development team to continue to improve and scale our software; you’ll have the ability to help build a product rapidly impacting the entire warehousing industry. Each member of the team has the ability to impact all aspects of the development process from ideation, design, delivery, maintenance, and operations. If you enjoy learning new technologies, applying new skills, and shipping great code fast you will fit in great.
Our current technologies include:
- Ruby on Rails
What you'll do:
- Develop new features and bug fixes
- Advocate and communicate the engineering trade-offs in the delivery process
- Maintain a comprehensive test suite to iterate quickly
- Participate in full development process (idea -> production-ready feature)
- Report directly to the Founders and the dev team
What you'll need - you’re an amazing fit if you have:
- Flexibility to move quickly with a startup
- Extensive experience working on production-level code with Ruby on Rails
- TDD experience - knowledge of Rspec / experience with Capybara
- Experience with other object-oriented languages
- Extensive experience working with Postgres
- Devops knowledge
- The ability to write clean, reliable, and highly maintainable code
- A high level of comfort with git
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- The drive to solve problems
- Logistics & supply chain acumen help but are not required
Additional useful skills:
- Experience with Heroku
- Experience with AWS
If you are interested in the position, please apply on AngelList or shoot us an quick email about why you are interested at [email protected] for a faster response.