Steady helps users make more money - we allow users to discover the opportunities that will increase their earnings and make the most of their available time. More than 90% of all jobs created in the past 10 years have been within the part-time, temporary or independent labor sector. Today either by choice or out of necessity, over 70 million Americans participate in work outside the walls of traditional W2 employment, by 2025 that number is expected to encompass more than half of the U.S. workforce. Steady is on a mission to be the leading advocate of these workers to help them achieve their goals.
We are looking for a Devops Engineer to help build and operate our delivery pipelines and core platform. The position will work side by side with development, QA, and product in order to successfully deliver high quality software. An ideal candidate is an individual who is either a strong developer who is interested in operations, or strong operations engineer who is interested in software development. Good team skills are essential to this role, as there is a great deal of day-to-day collaboration that takes place as we build and deliver solutions.
• Build and operate CI/CD pipelines using drone and spinnaker
• Build and maintain observability and alerting across application and infrastructure
• Assist with the operation of a kubernetes cluster
• Participate in on-call rotation
• Automation of manual tasks using scripting and application development
• Identify bottlenecks in the development process and implement solutions
• Work with developers to optimize applications for performance and scale
• Administer AWS resources and provide guidance on utilization
• Ensure we are releasing code safely, securely and frequently
• Investigate and adopt new technologies/tools are needs arise
• Strong analytical, troubleshooting skills
• Good understanding of continuous integration/continuous delivery principles
• Knowledge and experience with container technologies. Docker and kubernetes preferred.
• Strong linux skills
• Understanding of security principles
• Experience with at least one programming language (python, ruby, golang, C#), no need to be a superstar coder but you will need to at least be able to write maintainable code that interacts with the AWS and other API's
• Good understanding of devops/agile principles
• Experience with configuration management/infrastructure as code tooling. Terraform is preferred.
• Experience with monitoring and alerting solutions. Prometheus is preferred.
• Use of version control systems such as git
• Experience working with cloud resources (AWS, Azure, GCP). AWS is preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
• Up to date with latest industry patterns and tooling.
• Independence and self-motivation while still being able to work with others collaboratively
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, high-energy environment
• Office is located in Midtown