Exciting opportunities await you as a member of PwC’s New Ventures team. New Ventures was established to enable PwC to invest in new business models that leverage our knowledge and build solutions for the evolving marketplace. Technology continues to evolve the business world and is increasingly forcing us to think about our business in new ways. Our team of New Ventures professionals are the leading part of our Firm that is transforming and achieving PwC’s mission of becoming the leading technology-enabled professional services network. We enable PwC to achieve its goals by driving innovation, enhancing digital capabilities and integrating technologies to create competitive business advantages for PwC and our clients.
Within New Ventures, we have exciting opportunities at all experience levels to build the next great global digitally enabled business.
If you are passionate about creating something new, working in an agile environment, delivering digitally enabled solutions, leveraging your experience working with data, and are dedicated to customer satisfaction, we want to meet you.
· Work with customers to understand their data and acquire data from primary or secondary data sources
· Model, design, set up and maintain databases/data systems
· Filter and “clean” data
· Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
· Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
· Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing report
· Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
Demonstrates extensive technical knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas of application development:
· Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
· Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
· Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
· Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
– Proficiency in SQL databases such as MySQL, Oracle and PostgreSQL;
– Building Application Integrations using REST, XML and JSON web services
– Source control using one of Git, Subversion, TFS.
Demonstrates limited to thorough level of knowledge and skills in the following additional technical development areas:
– NoSQL Databases including MongoDB, Casandra, DocumentDB and related databases;
-Reporting including SSRS or any other BI [e.g Tableau, MicroStrategy];
– Cloud-based platforms and services [e.g. Google Cloud Platform, MS Azure, AWS];
– Exposure to ETL tools [e.g SSIS or Informatica];
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas of data management and development:
– Working in a “start-up” environment
– Working within a wide range of databases;
– Working with different data structures and exports;
– Working with data normalization by ingesting disparate data sources and transforming the data to machine readable formats
– Working with public API’s
– Learning rapidly and continuously taking advantage of new technologies, concepts and business models; demonstrating a history of staying current in emerging technology trends;
– Displaying initiative and an ability to analyze data in a self-directed and self-disciplined manner;
– Researching and evaluating emerging technologies and novel approaches in order to make recommendations to enhance business processes and create competitive advantage to PwC;
– Working collaboratively with other operations team members, customers and the development team, including participating in code reviews;
– Communicating effectively both verbally and written with project team members;
– Robust analytic thinking skills with the ability to identify, debug, and resolve technical issues;
– Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams in resolving complex technical issues: providing design guidance that follow the enterprise architecture vision and adheres to applicable application technology guidelines; and understanding and mitigating the impact of technical design to security, performance and data privacy; and,
– Demonstrating significant contributions within a small team to deliver solutions within an Agile methodology, whilst ensuring quality, timeliness and team-wide adherence to good architectural practice and guidelines.