Stord is a rapidly growing tech company that is disrupting the warehousing and distribution industry. Stord sells warehousing and distribution in third party warehouses across the US, and provides the software to make the facilities operate with a modern customer experience. Utilizing an integrated network of nationwide warehouses and regional fulfillment centers we have a warehousing footprint that helps leading brands and growing startups warehouse and distribute their product at scale.
Roughly two years old, we have raised money from investors that include Susa Ventures, Dynamo, Revolution’s Rise of the Rest fund, Engage Ventures - a corporate fund of 10+ of the largest enterprises, and the Founder of Internet Security Systems (acquired by IBM for $1.3B).
As we continue to rapidly grow our customers, revenue, and technology, the capabilities of our platform are rapidly expanding. Through our distribution network we are able to help customers more efficiently coordinate freight consolidation, reduce last mile cost, and optimize product movement. We are looking for a driven and sales minded Account Executive to help us establish, grow, and expand our freight services at STORD to existing and new customers.
What you’ll do:
-Identify, research, and establish contact with new freight opportunities through a hunter mentality, while maintaining a full sales pipeline.
- Communicate the value of our freight & last-mile services and how they tie into our broader value proposition, distribution network, and suite of technology at Stord.
- Responsible for business development, client engagement, and full sales life cycle of the Stord platform to customers throughout the US.
- Pursue up-sell freight opportunities with existing Stord customers in our network
- Build strategic relationships with key contacts within customer organizations to understand opportunities to create/add value.
- Build a process to run all bidding processes for customer bids/tenders/RFPs across Stord’s service offerings with our internal procurement and analytics functions.
- Monitor and document all client interactions and customer sales activity via CRM, making strategic adjustments as necessary.
- Conduct in-person and online presentations and software demonstrations of our platform to prospects.
What you’ll need:
- 3-5 years’ experience selling to Logistics Managers/VPs/SVPs/C-suite with proven track record of achieving success.
- The intellect and drive to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of Stord’s products and services, applying that knowledge appropriately and effectively in selling situations.
- Logistics & Supply Chain acumen preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong personal relationships and overcome rejection to achieve results
- Must thrive in a fast-paced and fluid environment with a focus on putting customers interests first.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.